EMEA Regional Director
Here at Corporate Citizenship we are really excited to share this rare job opportunity with you. The Regional Director will play a key and influential role within our global firm and will lead the EMEA team to nurture and grow across all business areas.
Our unique offering stems from our diverse client base built up over 20 years in the industry and our reputation for our high-quality delivery and expertise in the field of responsible and sustainable business. Throughout our international expansion and organic growth journey we have managed to keep an entrepreneurial mentality, built a collaborative culture and are increasingly working in an agile way that our team and clients really relish.
This position will provide strategic direction and oversee operations in the EMEA region with a focus on business and client development. You will be supported by a high-performing and experienced senior management team who help lead a fantastic group of over 20 and growing to build our profile and increase our client impact.
The Regional Director will sit on our global senior leadership team that sets the direction for the business, feeding into the Global Managing Director. A growth mindset is essential for this role along with experience in managing teams, a track record in identifying pipeline opportunities and a deep understanding of sustainable business strategy and transformation.
Leading the EMEA team, you will be responsible for setting and delivering on an ambitious strategy to grow our client footprint as well as impact across the region. Reporting to the Global Managing Director, you will provide operational oversight and have responsibility for P&L. In addition, you will be a key member of the senior leadership team for Corporate Citizenship and work alongside peers from other regions as well as functional leads to steer the organisation towards long-term success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic Leadership: Set and deliver on Corporate Citizenship’s EMEA growth strategy working closely with the regional management team
- Business Development: Spearhead business development efforts for the region, identifying and winning new opportunities and prospects
- People Leadership: Coach, develop and direct a team of 20+, with 4-6 senior direct reports
- Client Management: Develop key client relationships providing strategic advice across Corporate Citizenship’s service lines
- Insight and Innovation: Support the development of our know-how, tools, methodologies and thought leadership
- Financial Management: Monitor and report revenue, expenditure and profitability, managing the regional P&L
Your experience will include:
- A proven track record of working with corporate clients to improve sustainable and responsible business performance and their impact on society, with experience engaging and influencing senior leaders
- A strong entrepreneurial drive to identify and develop growth opportunities for Corporate Citizenship in a context of some well-established operational support
- A strong track record of winning new business, or relevant transferable skills e.g. prospecting, pitching, scoping, negotiating, contracting
- Excellent team management skills nurturing and developing people in a project-based, hybrid/remote and matrix organisation
- Management experience in a consulting environment, understanding common financial and legal requirements as well as good operational practices
- A passion and personal commitment to advocate for sustainable and responsible business practices to secure a more prosperous, equitable and healthy society
We believe that this is a fantastically unique opportunity to take a lead role in our EMEA proposition where you play an integral role in defining and delivering on strategy, growing our client base and offering whilst nurturing and expanding a high performing team.
As a business we are determined to hire amazing people and grow our business in an organic and diverse way. We expect to grow our offering globally with the EMEA region playing a huge role in this.
So if you are looking to work somewhere that will challenge you every day with a fast paced boutique style approach to work; in a supportive and forward thinking team who is on the lookout for someone to lead from the front and help take our business and our clients businesses forward in such a rewarding, impactful and important sector then we would love to hear from you!
What happens next:
We will be following the most responsible processes* possible to make sure that you and our team are as safe as possible at all times.
We will do as much of the process as possible to utilise the technology that we have available and will only ask to meet anyone face to face where appropriate and safe.
Only the successful applications will be contacted at this time*. Initially via email to acknowledge your application as received, to outline next steps and follow up on information that will speed the process up down the line.
*To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Statement
Corporate Citizenship is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) are at the core of who we are and want to be.
At Corporate Citizenship, we embrace diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within and outside our organisation. We respect and celebrate difference and want to ensure that we continuously strive to build a place where everyone feels included and is encouraged to be their authentic self.
We are committed to these values and our Corporate Citizenship DE&I Team work to actively promote diversity, equity and inclusion across our people and talent processes, operations as well as our client work around the world. Our DE&I Action Plan allows us to identify opportunities for improvement and monitor our progress in addressing inequalities.