We are seeking an Associate Director to lead work with a large and longstanding client: a Fortune 200 healthcare company with ambitious plans for sustainability. Our candidate must bring experience in management consulting (especially strategy), sustainability expertise, understanding of the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries, and proven experience managing large client relationships.
Our candidate will join and help lead a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and growing team. This position will suit a professional with a positive, entrepreneurial way of working, enthusiasm for team collaboration and a passion for the global sustainability agenda. You must bring excellent client relationship management skills, ability to thrive in a fast-paced and complex client engagement, and bring strong communication, creativity, and demonstrated experience shaping core business strategies.
Reporting to the Vice President, North America, The Associate Director will be responsible for leading a large and longstanding account: a Fortune 200 healthcare company. You will have ongoing support and guidance from the VP of North America and our Global Managing Director. In addition to implementing their overall sustainability strategy (goals, targets, implementation and governance), the client is continuing to strengthen already-strong performance on ESG ratings and rankings, evolve the future of their sustainability reporting, innovate to capture broader social impact of products and operations, and explore other strategic and innovative approaches to deliver long-term commercial and societal value. You will be the senior account lead managing the client relationship; coaching, guiding and motivating the team; and ensuring outstanding technical quality of deliverables.
Manage and lead the overall client relationship
- Manage the day to day relationship with our main contacts in the sustainability team, proactively looking ahead to anticipate challenges and opportunities, while ensuring quality and timely delivery of a fast-paced, multi-pronged client engagement
- Serve as a thought partner and go-to sustainability expert for our client contacts
- Build, broaden and deepen relationships with senior leaders and subject matter experts across the company, and introduce the client to relevant external experts and stakeholders as warranted
- Oversee, guide and manage outputs for excellent quality
- Define and manage budget responsibility, including meeting and exceeding budget and profitability targets
Understand healthcare industry trends and help the client to position strategically
- Work closely with client contacts to set strategy for the company to optimize sustainable and responsible performance – delivering long-term value in a rapidly changing industry
- Understand healthcare (and “healthtech”) trends and how global megatrends, new entrants, and a shifting operating context impact the client’s business strategy and future positioning
- Stay ahead of sustainability / ESG trends and routinely inform the client
Coach / mentor teams across workstreams
- Oversee all workstreams (which will have workstream leads, consultants and senior researchers supporting)
- Deliver high quality work with no supervision
- Proactively mentor and manage colleagues’ development within client teams
Personal experience/ specification:
- Management consulting experience: 5-10 years of professional experience, with 3+ years of management consulting at a top tier strategy consulting or sustainability consulting practice
- Sustainability expertise in ESG ratings, rankings and frameworks; reporting; and strategy
- Track record of excellent client delivery, leading client engagements and teams to deliver high quality work within budget and scope / negotiate scope as needed
- Proven ability to manage complex, fast paced client relationships
- Strategy development and implementation – either commercial strategy or sustainability strategies embedded in commercial strategy
- Healthcare industry expertise is a plus; otherwise must be able to quickly come up to speed on relevant industry issues (access and affordability; data privacy; innovation; environmental issues; supply chain; etc.)
- Entrepreneurial, with strong commercial acumen
- Global experience and perspective
- Strong leadership credentials, with judgement to inspire and develop individuals
- Attention to detail and operationally minded
- Clear strategic thinker, strong collaborator, and effective communicator
- A strong and positive vision for how to engage business in building a sustainable and inclusive future, given the enormity and urgency of the challenges we face
Terms and location:
A competitive reward package will be offered. The post is a full-time position, based in San Francisco, New York, or Chicago. To apply for this post, please email email@example.com
We are seeking a Consultant with experience in management consulting and a passion for embedding the environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues into business strategies and operations – driving a future of business that is responsible and sustainable.
Our candidate will join a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and growing team. This position will suit a professional with a positive, entrepreneurial way of working, enthusiasm for team collaboration and a passion for the global sustainability agenda. You must be client focused and work well on consulting teams, with strong communication and creativity.
This is a mid-level role in Corporate Citizenship. The Consultant will serve on a range of client and project teams – in many cases, acting as the main point of contact with the client. The Consultant will contribute significantly to client deliverables, proposals, and thought leadership. Line management of junior staff may be part of this role.
Deliver for clients
The Consultant will serve on several client teams, in some cases acting as the day to day point of contact for the client. Responsibilities include:
- Understand and interpret client needs;
- Make clear judgements about the content and presentation of client deliverables;
- Gather data using a range of techniques;
- Develop presentations of findings and conclusions for clients with oversight from senior colleagues; and
- Demonstrate excellent project management by building and updating Gantt charts, drafting client meeting agendas, communicating next steps, and keeping team members and clients informed of progress against milestones.
Manage projects and workload
The Consultant will be the lead Project Manager on some client projects, with a chance to grow and demonstrate team leadership and management. Responsibilities include:
- Manage own workload and deliverables within each client project and overall, delivering quality work on time and on budget;
- Serve as lead Project Manager for some client projects, including managing the project budget and client team; and
- Achieve utilization rate and deliver within client budgets.
Contribute to new business development and thought leadership
The Consultant will help generate new business through proposal development, networking and through leadership. Responsibilities include:
- Draft and develop proposals;
- Network to contribute to our pipeline, asking for support when needed;
- Conduct research, write blogs and articles, and deliver webinars on timely topics to drive the conversation in sustainable business; and
- Help raise Corporate Citizenship’s profile by attending events and conferences.
Personal experience/ specification:
- 3-6 years of work experience, ideally in management consulting, sustainability, ESG investing, business strategy, business and human rights, or other relevant work at the intersection of business, society and the environment;
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking, with the ability to see how organizational systems and processes fit together, quickly understand concepts, and synthesize seemingly disparate data points into conceptual frameworks with actionable recommendations for our clients;
- Clear communication skills;
- Excellent team player;
- Organized project manager, with track record delivering on time and on budget;
- A passionate and positive vision for engaging business in building a sustainable and inclusive future, given the enormity of the challenges we face;
- Entrepreneurial, with strong commercial acumen;
- Attention to detail and operationally minded; and
- Bachelor’s degree; ideally a Masters degree in sustainable business, business administration, international relations, or related field.
Terms and location:
A competitive reward package will be offered. The post is a full-time position, based in San Francisco or New York. To apply for this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org