We are seeking a Consultant with experience in management consulting and a passion for embedding the environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues into business strategies and operations – driving a future of business that is responsible and sustainable.
Our candidate will join a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and growing team. This position will suit a professional with a positive, entrepreneurial way of working, enthusiasm for team collaboration and a passion for the global sustainability agenda. You must be client focused and work well on consulting teams, with strong communication and creativity.
This is a mid-level role in Corporate Citizenship. The Consultant will serve on a range of client and project teams – in many cases, acting as the main point of contact with the client. The Consultant will contribute significantly to client deliverables, proposals, and thought leadership. Line management of junior staff may be part of this role.
Deliver for clients
The Consultant will serve on several client teams, in some cases acting as the day to day point of contact for the client. Responsibilities include:
- Understand and interpret client needs;
- Make clear judgements about the content and presentation of client deliverables;
- Gather data using a range of techniques;
- Develop presentations of findings and conclusions for clients with oversight from senior colleagues; and
- Demonstrate excellent project management by building and updating Gantt charts, drafting client meeting agendas, communicating next steps, and keeping team members and clients informed of progress against milestones.
Manage projects and workload
The Consultant will be the lead Project Manager on some client projects, with a chance to grow and demonstrate team leadership and management. Responsibilities include:
- Manage own workload and deliverables within each client project and overall, delivering quality work on time and on budget;
- Serve as lead Project Manager for some client projects, including managing the project budget and client team; and
- Achieve utilization rate and deliver within client budgets.
Contribute to new business development and thought leadership
The Consultant will help generate new business through proposal development, networking and through leadership. Responsibilities include:
- Draft and develop proposals;
- Network to contribute to our pipeline, asking for support when needed;
- Conduct research, write blogs and articles, and deliver webinars on timely topics to drive the conversation in sustainable business; and
- Help raise Corporate Citizenship’s profile by attending events and conferences.
Personal experience/ specification:
- 3-6 years of work experience, ideally in management consulting, sustainability, ESG investing, business strategy, business and human rights, or other relevant work at the intersection of business, society and the environment;
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking, with the ability to see how organizational systems and processes fit together, quickly understand concepts, and synthesize seemingly disparate data points into conceptual frameworks with actionable recommendations for our clients;
- Clear communication skills;
- Excellent team player;
- Organized project manager, with track record delivering on time and on budget;
- A passionate and positive vision for engaging business in building a sustainable and inclusive future, given the enormity of the challenges we face;
- Entrepreneurial, with strong commercial acumen;
- Attention to detail and operationally minded; and
- Bachelor’s degree; ideally a Masters degree in sustainable business, business administration, international relations, or related field.
Terms and location:
A competitive reward package will be offered. The post is a full-time position, based in San Francisco. To apply for this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org