Now part of SLR, Corporate Citizenship is a Sustainability & Environmental strategy consulting firm. Our mission is to deliver world-class strategic and technical services that enable companies to accelerate their sustainability performance toward a future where our society and the planet can thrive. Established in 1997, we operate from 6 global hubs (London, Melbourne, New York, Santiago, San Francisco and Singapore). Corporate Citizenship has recently become part of SLR Consulting Group, giving us even more of an international reach and environmental technical expertise. SLR are global leaders in environmental and advisory solutions with over 1650 staff across 5 regions – including over 430 staff across Europe.
At Corporate Citizenship, our people are at the heart of everything we do, so our culture is important to us. We are really nice people, who care about each other and are passionate about what we do. We foster a supportive, collaborate and empowering environment, that encourages continual professional and personal development as well as the opportunity to have your say and help us shape the future of our organisation.
We want our team to grow, individually and together. We offer a wide range or training and career development opportunities, as well as opportunities to work with teams in other regions.
Along with competitive salaries, our staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including a company pension and BUPA healthcare, travel and life insurance, critical illness cover and a structured career framework with regular reviews offering outstanding opportunities for progression. Alongside 25 day’s annual leave, we offer agile working which allows staff to tailor hours worked around core hours, and our family friendly policies help balance the needs of professional and family life. We also have an active social committee!
Our Environment & Climate Change practice based in London is seeking a Senior Change Consultant.
To apply for this position please submit your application here. SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR’s intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
SLR will close the role when we have received a sufficient number of applications, so please do not delay in applying for the position.
With demonstrable experience working in the Environment and Carbon field, either as part of an in-house CSR team or as a consultant, the successful applicant will be an integral part of the Environment & Climate Change team with responsibilities ranging from people management, project delivery, business development, service development, account management and thought leadership. Core service areas including Carbon Management (LCA, whole value chain carbon accounting, climate strategy and performance management), Climate Resilience (TCFD, climate scenario analysis, financial impact analysis) and Net Zero Strategy (SBT, Net Zero, abatement planning, residual emissions strategy). These services are sometimes delivered as part of our broader ESG Strategy advisory service offering. The role will be based in our central London office. However, the role will occasionally involve travel within the UK and internationally on assignment. Hybrid working arrangements are supported.
Reporting to the advisory service lead, the Principle Consultant will be required to work closely with all members of the team, both advisory and sales, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are a key part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with project teams, clients, overseas offices, and representatives from partner organisations.
Duties will involve:
Leading project teams to deliver the following services:
- Identifying and assessing the financial impact of climate risks and opportunities across climate scenarios, developing solutions to minimise the risks and maximise the opportunities and integrating climate considerations into business processes.
- Preparing whole value chain GHG emission inventories at corporate level and for product systems, developing Net Zero strategies, modelling abatement pathways and developing residual emission strategies.
- Developing environmental and climate change strategies supported by performance management systems.
- Supporting the development of report content on environmental and climate change performance.
- Assisting clients to undertake due diligence on climate change and carbon related issues
Taking an active role in new business development through seeking new business opportunities and developing client proposals
Taking a management role in the development of existing and new climate change services.
Working collaboratively with colleagues globally to develop and deliver climate change services as part of our broader ESG and due diligence service offering.
Identifying opportunities to speak at conferences and sector events, and becoming a member of relevant industry/sector working groups.
Undertaking line management duties to help support career development within the team.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience across a number of the following ‘Essential’ areas. Additional experience in ‘Preferred’ areas would be advantageous:
- Carbon management and strategy including implementing carbon/energy reduction programmes
- GHG accounting including GHG Protocol & SECR
- Scope 3 measurement & reporting
- Target setting and abatement planning including an understanding of net-zero approaches (including SBTi)
- Climate resilience planning, TCFD response and climate scenario analysis
- Senior stakeholder engagement
- Line management
- Time and project management skills
- Business development
- Carbon markets and internal carbon pricing
- Residual emissions & offsetting
- Experience delivering assurance/ verification of environmental information & reporting
- Working knowledge of LCA techniques and software.
- Experience supporting company responses to external frameworks such as CDP.
- Other environmental reporting & metric reporting – waste, plastic, water
- Experience with concepts such as natural capital & net-biodiversity gain