With demonstrable experience working in the Environment and Carbon field, either as part of an in house CSR team or as a consultant, the successful applicant will be an integral part of the team with responsibilities ranging from people management, project delivery, business development, account management and thought leadership. The role will be based in our central London office. However, role will occasionally involve travel within the UK and internationally on assignment.
Reporting to the advisory service lead, the Senior Consultant will be required to work closely with all members of the team, both advisory and sales, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are a key part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with project teams, clients, overseas offices, and representatives from partner organisations.
Duties will involve:
- Leading projects with clients to identify how climate change presents risks and opportunities to their business operations and developing constructive solutions to minimise the risks and maximise the opportunities.
- Managing project teams to prepare greenhouse gas inventories.
- Assisting clients to undertake due diligence on climate change and carbon related issues and understand key risks.
- Preparing proposals for clients to deliver services in climate change and carbon accounting.
- Identifying opportunities to provide services to new or existing clients and pursuing those opportunities with support from colleagues.
- Identifying opportunities to speak at conferences and sector events, and becoming a member of relevant industry/sector working groups.
- Working with colleagues to develop new services in the climate change and carbon accounting area.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues globally to develop and deliver climate change services as part of our broader ESG and due diligence service offering.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Carbon management and strategy experience
- Experience undertaking GHG accounting including GHG Protocol & SECR.
- Scope 3 measurement & reporting.
- Senior stakeholder engagement
- Time and project management skills
- Experience of target setting approaches & best practice,
- Understanding of net-zero approaches (including SBTi) including approach to residual emissions & offsetting
- Working familiarity with the recommendations of TCFD including supporting organisations in their response
- Experience delivering assurance/ verification of environmental information & reporting
- Working knowledge of LCA techniques and software.
- Experience supporting company responses to external frameworks such as CDP.
- Other environmental reporting & metric reporting – waste, plastic, water
- Experience undertaking or implementing climate scenario analysis, and business response to outputs.
- Experience developing and implementing carbon/ energy reduction programmes.
- Experience with concepts such as natural capital & net-biodiversity gain