About Corporate Citizenship
Corporate Citizenship is a global strategy consulting firm specialising in sustainable and responsible business. We work with clients to accelerate change toward a future where our society and the planet can thrive.
For 25 years, we’ve been a trusted advisor to 500+ clients across 50+ countries. We serve clients with global teams from six hub offices around the world: London, New York, San Francisco, Santiago, Singapore and Melbourne. Corporate Citizenship is part of SLR Consulting, a global leader in environmental and advisory solutions helping our clients achieve their sustainability goals.
We are seeking a Senior Consultant to support the fast-growing demand for sustainability and ESG advisory services in the APAC region. Based in Melbourne, this is a rare opportunity to work with a wide range of projects and clients in the sustainability space where you will have the opportunity to develop your career in an energising and fun environment.
This position will suit someone who is passionate about driving change and transformation within business. You will play a key role on multiple client teams in both Australia and globally. The role will involve working across Corporate Citizenship’s range of services for world-leading brands: from strategy and performance advisory, to supporting best-in-class ESG disclosures, social impact assessments, or managing climate and environmental impacts.
You will be directly involved in scoping and delivery of transformative projects for large national and multinational organisations across several industry sectors. You will be encouraged and will have the support to develop your skills and expertise, elevate your profile, and expand your own professional network, internally and externally. Our strong team culture is underpinned by an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach. Working with us you can expect to be safe, belong, be trusted, be yourself, and be successful.
- Work on client project teams, often acting as the project manager and day to day point of contact for the client;
- Understand and interpret client needs, clearly communicating client goals and overall business objectives to internal and external stakeholders;
- Gather data using a range of techniques (interviews, surveys, focus groups, data requests) and, in some cases, model and build scenarios – particularly in the context of alignment with TCFD recommendations.
- Develop presentations and reports for clients with oversight from senior colleagues;
- Support new business generation through, drafting and developing proposals with oversight from senior team members and participating in new business pitches, including research, project scoping, proposal drafting, and pitch presentations;
- Conduct research, draft articles, deliver presentations and position Corporate Citizenship and yourself as a trusted thought leader in sustainable business;
- Grow professional and industry contacts by representing Corporate Citizenship in virtual and out of office environments (events, conferences, panels); and
- Support junior colleagues in the delivery of high quality work.
You need the following skills and experience:
- More than 5 years or more of relevant work experience;
- Demonstrated experience contributing to the development and execution of corporate sustainability strategies, baselines, initiatives, ratings and rankings, and/or reports that align with business goals and budgets;
- Ability to accurately recognise the strategic challenge a client is facing and contribute to scoping and executing client engagements that deliver value and impact;
- Strong command of corporate sustainability frameworks, emerging trends and best practice.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to deliver client-ready presentations;
- Ability to distil quantitative and qualitative data and communicate it succinctly to clients;
- Passion for and commitment to engaging business in building a sustainable and inclusive future; and
- Educational qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Master’s Degree preferred).
The position is full-time role based in Melbourne or Sydney. Preference will be given to candidates who do not require sponsorship for Australian work permits.
If you are looking to work somewhere that will challenge you every day with a fast-paced approach, in a supportive and forward-thinking environment, come join our dynamic, committed, and passionate team and help take our business and our clients forward to a future where society and the planet thrive. We would love to hear from you!
**Due to a high number of applications, we might not be able to respond to every submission. If you pass our initial screening, we will contact you**
Equal Opportunity Statement
Corporate Citizenship is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) are at the core of who we are and want to be.
At Corporate Citizenship, we embrace diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within and outside our organisation. We respect and celebrate difference and want to ensure that we continuously strive to build a place where everyone feels included and is encouraged to be their authentic self.
We are committed to these values and our Corporate Citizenship DE&I Team work to actively promote diversity, equity and inclusion across our people and talent processes, operations as well as our client work around the world. Our DE&I Action Plan allows us to identify opportunities for improvement and monitor our progress in addressing inequalities.