Are you looking to develop a career in corporate responsibility and sustainability?
If so, this position offers a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the rapidly evolving field of ESG & Sustainability and contribute to high-impact projects across a range of corporate clients. You will join our growing Europe team, based out of our London office, and at times will work with our other global offices and colleagues.
Corporate Citizenship is part of SLR Consulting (a global leader in environmental and advisory solutions helping clients achieve their sustainability goals), where we are on a mission to harness the power of business to create a better future for everyone. We work with companies to accelerate change towards a future where our society and planet can thrive.
Corporate Citizenship is a boutique, global sustainability consultancy who has worked with a range of high-profile companies for the past 25 years, to advance the corporate sustainability agenda, and support our clients with ambitious yet practical sustainability solutions. We pride ourselves on developing and maintaining long-term client relationships, based on a track record of high-quality work and an infectiously positive and collaborative team culture. Our services span ESG Strategy, Social and Community Impact assessment, Materiality, specialised Environment & Climate Change services, as well as operating the influential Business for Societal Impact (B4SI) business network.
SLR is a global consultancy with over 2,000 staff across 5 regions – including over 430 staff across Europe. Our ‘one team’ culture is at the heart of our business; providing a collaborative and supportive environment for professional development. Along with competitive salaries, our staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including a company pension and healthcare offering, travel and life insurance, critical illness cover and a structured career framework with regular reviews offering outstanding opportunities for progression. Alongside 25 day’s annual leave, we offer agile working which allows staff to tailor hours worked around core hours, and our family friendly policies help balance the needs of professional and family life.
Insight and understanding underpins everything that we do. As a Senior Researcher you will work with a range of colleagues to gain exposure to varied business activities, in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include qualitative and quantitative analysis, research on emerging policies and market developments, business development, thought leadership, as well as client project delivery. You will also participate in team meetings and discussions, and be supported by senior colleagues to develop both your research and consultancy skills, with a strong focus on your professional career development at the core of our team.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside our supportive and agile team of experts and undertake a range of varied project work, supporting our clients across all our Services (corporate-citizenship.com) with more of a focus on strategy, ESG Disclosures and social impact.
In addition, the role will include opportunities to support on broader business activities, such as:
- Writing, such as drafting of reports and preparing presentations, writing articles / blogs
- Conducting research of clients’ and peers’ quantitative and qualitative sustainability information
- Participating in client facing meetings and activities such as interviews and workshops
- Support on marketing, thought leadership & business development
- Provide administrative support to project managers
If you want to use your skills to make a positive impact by helping businesses become more sustainable, we’d love to hear from you. We are keen to hear from candidates from all backgrounds and different levels of previous experience.
Qualities likely to make you successful in this role include:
- Understanding of and interest in sustainability either through work experience, or technical or academic training
- Ability to research and evaluate, with strong analytical skills
- Ability to analyse and distil a large amount of quantitative and qualitative data to produce insightful and decision-useful research output
- Demonstrable interest and/or experience in broader sustainability topics
- Excellent written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deliver to deadlines
- A good team player who is able to build effective working relationships
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR’s intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
Country: United Kingdom