The Sustainability Consultant plays a critical role in client delivery, in some cases serving as the day to day client contact and, in some cases, project managing the work. The Consultant also contributes to new business opportunities (proposals and pitches) and thought leadership through articles, blogs and reports.
The Senior Consultant will serve on several client teams, in most cases acting as the day to day point of contact for the client.
- Understand and interpret client needs, clearly communicating client goals and overall business objectives to internal and external stakeholders
- Scope projects and work with senior staff to finalize staffing and workstreams
- Identify relevant data and translate into a clear and compelling narrative for clients
- Manage client relationships and project teams, overseen by a Director or Associate Director
- Develop presentations and deliverables for clients, delegating portions of work to junior colleagues as appropriate
- Manage and build relationships with clients
Project Coordination and Workflow Management
The Senior Consultant will be the lead Project Coordinator on most client projects, with the expectation of team leadership and management. In some cases, the Senior Consultant will manage large, multi-workstream projects.
- Understand account budget parameters and avoid over-servicing
- Demonstrate excellent project management by building and maintaining Gantt charts, client agendas, action items, and progress updates for team members and clients
- Supervise and manage junior team members
- Engage senior team members where appropriate
New Business & Thought Leadership
The Senior Consultant will help generate new business through proposal development, networking, and thought leadership.
- Lead the drafting and development of proposals with some oversight from senior team members
- Participate in new business pitches, including project scoping, proposal drafting, and pitch presentations
- Conduct research, draft articles, deliver presentations, and position Corporate Citizenship and yourself as a trusted thought leader in sustainable business
- Grow professional and industry contacts by representing Corporate Citizenship in virtual and out of office environments (events, conferences, panels)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in sustainability, management consulting, ESG investing, or business and human rights
- Demonstrated experience managing client relationships and project teams, including direct supervisory responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience contributing to the development and execution of corporate sustainability strategies, baselines, initiatives, ESG ratings and rankings, and/or reports that align with business goals and budgets
- Ability to accurately recognize the strategic challenge a client is facing, and scope and contribute to executing client engagements that deliver value and impact
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to deliver client-ready slides
- Ability to distill quantitative and qualitative data and communicate it succinctly to clients
- Passion for and commitment to engaging business in building a sustainable and inclusive future
- Masters degree or equivalent experience preferred; 4 year degree in sustainable business, business administration, international relations or related field required.
If you are excited about learning and growing in a fast-paced, supportive, and forward-thinking environment, come join our dynamic, committed, and passionate team to accelerate toward a future where society and the planet thrive.
To apply, please submit a resume with a cover letter telling us why you’d be great for this position USRecruitment@corporate-citizenship.com.
**Thanks in advance for your submission. If your profile meets our qualifications for this position, we will contact you about next steps.**