The Go-Ahead Group, one of the UK’s leading providers of passenger transport services operating primarily in the bus and rail sectors, has been responding to the CDP Climate Change program for several years. In 2012, Go-Ahead asked Corporate Citizenship, a CDP consultancy partner and accredited provider, for support in completing and submitting its CDP response.
- Analysing The Go-Ahead Group’s previous years scorecard to present a traffic light assessment of their performance in each area against historical, sector and leadership benchmarks and identifying future focus areas based on weighted scoring and greatest opportunities for improvement.
- Outlining steps necessary to improve Go-Ahead’s overall CDP response and liaising directly with issue owners to address the improvement areas.
- Compiling a first draft of the CDP response based on the most current Climate Change Questionnaire and scoring methodology and reviewing final response prior submission.
- For the past three years we have worked closely with The Go-Ahead Group to help improve on their CDP Climate Change program scores.
- The first year that Corporate Citizenship assisted Go-Ahead with its CDP submission its Disclosure Score increased from 65 to 77, and its Performance band increased from C to B. Go-Ahead Group has since increased its Disclosure score year on year up to 96 in 2015, and an overall score of B in 2016.
“We have a long term working relationship with Corporate Citizenship by which we collaborate in a number of sustainability related projects. Corporate Citizenship has advisors who know the inside-outs of the CDP submission and this enables us to focus on the key areas for improvement year on year”
– Sarah Boundy, Director of Corporate Communications