Date: Tuesday, October 11th, 2022
Time: 12 -1.15pm EDT
Corporate Citizenship will host a webinar on the importance of living wage as essential for business and why it should be embedded within any corporate human rights due diligence approach. We will hear from industry and civil society stakeholders about the business case for living wage, where are there opportunities, and how can companies make meaningful change for their workers. We will take a look at the various terms (living wage, living income, and decent work) and make sense of it all so companies can take action.
Griet Cattaert, Head of Labor Rights, UN Global Compact
Lisa Manley, VP Sustainability, Mars
Michelle Murray, CEO, Living Wage for US
Moderator: Sarah Zoen, Associate Director, Corporate Citizenship
Our goals for the session are to:
- Build a common understanding between the different terms used for living wage/income.
- Clearly articulate why living wage/income is at the core of respecting human rights
- Understand the gendered impacts of living wage and income
- Gather best practices from diverse stakeholders in their goal of promoting the issue
- Provide participants with tangible steps they can take to drive a living wage/income agenda