Now part of SLR Consulting, Corporate Citizenship is a global consultancy on a mission to harness the power of business to create a better future for everyone. We work with companies to accelerate change towards a future where our society and planet can thrive. We proudly founded and manage the Business for Societal Impact (B4SI) network.
Business for Societal Impact (formerly known as LBG) is the globally recognised methodology used by hundreds of the world’s leading companies to articulate and measure the positive impact they have in the world. B4SI’s transformation in 2021 to provide a holistic management model is based on the pillars of plan, implement, measure, report & engage. Businesses are enabled to authentically become a business for societal impact through our frameworks, management tools and expert support.
Due to the recent expansion and growth, the B4SI Team now seek an experienced manager with social impact experience to lead a large (and growing) portfolio of exciting clients to support them in their social impact journey. The post will be part of the global B4SI team which will be expanded from January 2022 onwards. Within the B4SI global team there will be a new post of B4SI (APAC) Director (based Melbourne) to which the postholder will report. Alongside them will be a new post of B4SI (APAC) Client Manager (based Singapore) and focused on Asia and B4SI (APAC) Network Coordinator (based Melbourne). All are focused on supporting and growing B4SI clients, their uptake of B4Si related services and social impact consulting.
It is a demanding role requiring a client-focused approach to customer service combined with an ability to balance the requirements of the B4SI methodology whilst maintaining its reputation and rigorous application. This post holder will manage the annual benchmarking process for APAC B4Si companies together with the data collection and manipulation. The post holder will work as a key part of the small team that will deliver Corporate Citizenship services and collectively manage all aspects of business development, support, training, B4SI data collection, verification, communications and events to complete the yearly benchmarking exercise. The post will provide first line support and training for members in how to use the B4SIOnline system and work as part of the global B4SI team to support the development and roll out of a replacement global tech platform (strong analytical skills and previous system development skills would be an advantage). Strong presentation skills are also required in this role as workshops and other presentations are delivered to clients by the post-holder.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a new role in the team taking over aspects managed currently by other Corporate Citizenship colleagues moving into new roles but with added responsibilities. It will be vital in delivering the core B4SI service offered to companies within B4SI. Key responsibilities of the role:
- Building close working relationships with clients; provision of expert support in the application of the B4SI Frameworks, and supporting material, ensuring maximum client satisfaction and retention. In turn supporting clients to reach their social impact objectives using B4SI’s social impact framework, supporting tools and other resources. Providing additional social and community impact advise as might be required.
- Lead responsibility for the annual benchmarking cycle of data collection, verification, reporting and benchmarking and the management of B4SOnline (the cloud-based data collection portal) We anticipate replacing this in 2022 and the post-holder will have input into the creation of the new global tech platform.
- Lead proactively growing the number of companies in the B4SI Network and using the B4SI Framework, on-boarding new clients and supporting clients in identifying opportunities to continually improve.
- Provide thought leadership, advice and ideas to further enhance the social impact journey of clients. Including identification of B4SI company case studies and opportunities to showcase why B4SI is an important part of any organisation
- Maintaining regular contact with clients, informing clients on upcoming events and other developments relevant to B4SI clients.
- Maintaining accurate records of clientele information within our CRM systems and administration as might be required by B4SI clients.
- Direct experience in a client facing role, supporting clients overcoming difficulties and identifying opportunities for improvement. This should include a demonstrable track record of high value commercial/strategic account management within a range of clients ranging from, multi-national corporations, to listed and larger privately owned companies.
- Proven track record of managing large amounts of data accurately and confidently with great attention to detail.
- A strong entrepreneurial drive to seek out business development opportunities and support the growth of the B4SI network, encourage use of its tools and networks alongside social and community impact advisory work
- Strong background in Social Impact and other sustainability consulting services
- An effective time manager, team player and relationship builder, capable of managing large groups of clients effectively as first point of contact for social impact/sustainability advice. You need to be personable, focused, and professional and have a strong eye for attention to detail to succeed in this position.
- A strong communicator, capable of excellent written and oral presentations at all levels to director/executive; and able to listen to and understand client needs and identify appropriate strategic support; ensuring phenomenal client service the post-holder would manage B4SI communications and events.
- Be capable of working independently towards staged goals with minimal oversight.
- Proven ability to track, analyse and report on account satisfaction, retention and growth.
- Any additional APAC language skills would be an advantage.
- Experience creating, optimising a large digital data platform is seen as advantageous.
- Skilled in all forms of writing and presenting
- High level of expertise managing large amounts of data with keen eye for detail
- High level of expertise using Excel must have Advanced experience
- Background / knowledge / understanding of social impact assessment
- Strong business development skills with experience in bringing on new clients or new sectors (strong connections across multiple areas and locations seen as advantageous)
- Desirable is knowledge of Salesforce, Salesforce Data-loader and Conga
- Event management
EDUCATION: QUALIFICATIONS/PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
Please include any requirements regarding education, qualifications or professional memberships.
Office: Adelaide; Brisbane; Melbourne; Newcastle CBD; Perth; Sydney