Are you looking to develop a career in corporate responsibility and sustainability? If so, this position offers a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the rapidly evolving field of ESG and Climate Change, and contribute to high-impact projects on behalf of a range of corporate clients.
Corporate Citizenship (now part of SLR Consulting – a global leader in environmental and advisory solutions) are on a mission to harness the power of business to create a better future for everyone. We work with companies to accelerate change towards a future where our society and planet can thrive. Insight and understanding underpins everything that we do. As a Researcher you will work with a range of colleagues to gain exposure to varied business activities, in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include qualitative and quantitative analysis, research on emerging policies and market developments, business development, thought leadership, as well as client project delivery. You will also participate in team meetings and discussions, and be supported by senior colleagues to develop both your research and consultancy skills, with a strong focus on your professional career development at the core of our team. You will join our growing Europe team, based out of our London office, and at times will work with our other global offices and colleagues.
Corporate Citizenship are a boutique, global sustainability consultancy who have worked with a range of high-profile companies for the past 25 years, to advance the corporate sustainability agenda and support our clients with ambitious yet practical sustainability solutions. We pride ourselves on developing and maintaining long-term client relationships, based on a track record of high-quality work and an infectiously positive and collaborative team culture. Our services span ESG Strategy, Social and Community Impact assessments, Materiality, specialised Environment and Climate Change services, as well as operating the influential Business for Societal Impact (B4SI) business network.
SLR are a UK-based, global consultancy with over 2000 staff across 5 regions, including over 700 staff in Europe. Our ‘one team’ culture is at the heart of our business; providing a collaborative and supportive environment for professional development. Along with competitive salaries, our staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including a company pension and healthcare offering, travel and life insurance, critical illness cover and a structured career framework with regular reviews offering outstanding opportunities for progression. Alongside 25 day’s annual leave, we offer agile working, which allows staff to tailor hours worked around core hours, and our family friendly policies help balance the needs of professional and family life.
About the role
Joining as an integral part of Corporate Citizenship’s Environment and Climate Change team, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside our supportive and agile team of experts and undertake a range of varied project work, supporting our clients across all our service areas, including:
- Carbon management, including GHG footprinting and environmental data management systems
- Net-Zero strategy, including science-based target setting, carbon reduction pathways and offsetting strategies
- Climate resilience, risk and opportunity analysis and TCFD reporting
- Natural Capital assessments and strategies, including TNFD disclosure
In addition, the role will include opportunities to support on broader business activities, such as:
- Writing, such as drafting of reports and preparing presentations, writing articles or blogs
- Participating in client facing meetings and activities
- Supporting marketing, thought leadership and business development
If you want to use your skills to make a positive impact by helping businesses become more sustainable, we’d love to hear from you.
We are keen to hear from candidates from all backgrounds and different levels of previous experience. Qualities likely to make you successful in this role include:
- An understanding of – and interest in – sustainability, environment and climate change; either through work experience, or technical or academic training
- Strong analytical skills to research and evaluate key information
- Excellent written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Good IT skills, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
Along with your CV, in place of a cover letter, please submit a document with answers to the questions below. Any applications missing this stage will unfortunately not be considered.
- Why do you want to work at Corporate Citizenship?
- Why do you want to work in Environment and Climate Change consultancy?
- Tell us about an interesting project you have delivered, and why it mattered to you. What happened as a result?
- What do you think will be your biggest challenge in this role?
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an assessment day at our London office in mid-September.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer, but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is our intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.