Our North America business is seeking an experienced ESG Report Writer to join our Reporting and ESG Disclosure team. You will play a critical role delivering key projects across our Fortune 1000 corporate client portfolio, serving as a critical member of our project delivery teams. You may also contribute to new business opportunities (proposals and pitches), service innovation, and thought leadership through articles, blogs and reports.
Reporting to our Director of Reporting and ESG Disclosure, the ESG Report Writer will be responsible for writing ESG Reports as well as thought leadership articles and other communications for Corporate Citizenship and our clients. This is a client-facing role that requires both independent writing as well as participation in client/team meetings. You will have ongoing support and guidance from the rest of the North America senior team, the VP of North America, our Global Managing Director, and other leads across regions, along with support from project and delivery teams in North America and across our regions.
Key responsibilities (with support from project team members):
- Transform disparate pieces of information into cohesive narratives that align with client needs, style/branding guidelines, and external ESG reporting requirements
- Evaluate source material and determine how best to convey complex information clearly —whether as a background narrative, first-person message, feature story, sidebar, infographic, etc
- Contribute to planning report content and design and offer new ideas for how to approach content
- Listen closely to clients’ needs and goals and provide recommendations about their communications in a confident and professional manner
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Excellent writing skills as demonstrated by previous writing experience in a corporate or agency setting
- Portfolio of writing work that includes ESG Reports and/or other ESG content pieces
- Effective interview skills and ability to interact with subject matter experts at all levels of client companies
- Strong organizational capabilities, including the ability to manage large volumes of disparate content with some guidance from project teams
- Attention to detail and an ability to copyedit their own and others’ work
- Ability to complete assignments within strict deadlines
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate business/ESG strategy
- General knowledge of business strategy, financial reporting and/or ESG topics (climate change, workforce diversity, labor rights, ethics, governance, etc.)
- Previous experience with ESG reporting frameworks (GRI, SASB, TCFD, etc.) extremely helpful, but not required
This is a freelance position with the potential to be a full-time position.
To apply, please submit a resume and three relevant writing samples to USRecruitment@corporate-citizenship.com.
**Thanks in advance for your submission. If your profile meets our qualifications for this position, we will contact you about next steps.**