We work hard to ensure Corporate Citizenship is a collaborative and supportive working environment, where work-life balance is respected, and employees are given the opportunity to develop both personally and in their careers.
With demonstrable experience working in the ESG field (or sustainability, community investment, CSR or responsible business) the successful applicant will be an integral part of the team with responsibilities ranging from project oversight and delivery, business development, client management and thought leadership. The Consultant will have a key role developing and delivering work across our core service lines. However, it will have a particular focus on our social and community impact services – enabling clients to maximise their societal impact through compelling strategies, effective implementation and robust measurement.
The role will also be a conduit between our social impact consulting services and the B4SI Global team, ensuring effective alignment and co-operation across teams.
The role will be based in our central London office, however, could occasionally involve travel within the UK and internationally on assignment.
Reporting to one of the senior team members, the Consultant will be required to work closely with all members of the team, to achieve company, team and project objectives. Strong analytical and communication skills are essential for this role.
SLR are global leaders in environmental and advisory solutions helping our clients achieve their sustainability goals. We are a consultancy with over 2000 staff across 5 regions – including over 726 staff across Europe. SLR’s ‘one team’ culture is at the heart of our business; providing a collaborative and supportive environment for professional development. Along with competitive salaries, our staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package and a structured career framework with regular reviews offering outstanding opportunities for progression. Alongside 25 day’s annual leave, SLR offer agile working which allows staff to tailor hours worked around core hours, and our family friendly policies help balance the needs of professional and family life.
SLR will close the role when we have received a sufficient number of applications, so please do not delay in applying for the position.
To apply for this position please submit your application at: www.slrconsulting.com/careers. SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer, but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR’s intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
What you will do:
Duties will be varied but will include:
- Understand and interpret client needs, clearly communicating client goals to internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver client projects, with a focus on supporting clients with developing and improving approaches to and measurement of their societal impact
- Analyse data, making clear judgements about content and its presentation
- Prepare & deliver presentations and reports for clients
- Coordinate multiple projects, ensuring milestones and action items are met within agreed timelines and there is clear communication with clients
Business development & Thought leadership
- Draft and develop proposals with support from senior team members. Plan and participate in new business pitches, including research and project scoping.
- Contribute to Corporate Citizenship’s thought leadership through research, drafting articles and blogs
- Work with colleagues to develop new and innovate existing tools related to social impact
- Keep abreast of ESG landscape including regulatory requirements and best practices
What you will need:
IF you are interested in applying, we would love to hear from you. In order to succeed, we’d envisage that you would be able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrable business, consulting or other relevant experience in CSR/sustainability OR in social project delivery or assessment
- Excellent communication skills – ability to engage confidently with clients and explain complex information
- Exceptional analytical skills – to distil quantitative and qualitative data
- Good time and project management skills
- Good Excel & PowerPoint skills
It would also be useful if you have any experience of the following:
- Experience of supporting companies to develop social impact strategies and measure results
- Understanding of the B4SI Framework
- Experience of wider ESG strategy development (e.g. materiality)
- Experience of developing Excel-based tools
Country: United Kingdom