Following acquisition in 2021, Corporate Citizenship now form an integral part of SLR’s ESG Strategic Advisory team. We are seeking a Managing Consultant to join our growing ESG Advisory team based in London.
As a team we are unified by a deep passion to create positive change across the ESG agenda and deliver great work for our clients. We work hard to ensure SLR Corporate Citizenship is a collaborative and supportive working environment, where work-life balance is respected, and employees are given the opportunity to develop both personally and in their careers.
With demonstrable experience working in the ESG field, the successful applicant will be an integral part of the team with responsibilities ranging from project oversight and delivery, business development, client management and thought leadership. The Managing Consultant will have a key role developing and delivering our work across our core service areas of ESG strategy, Reporting and disclosure (to ESG indices, ratings and frameworks) and Social and community impact. The role will be based in our central London office, however, could occasionally involve travel within the UK and internationally on assignment.
SLR are global leaders in environmental and advisory solutions helping our clients achieve their sustainability goals. We are a consultancy with over 2500 staff across 6 regions – including over 860 staff across Europe. SLR’s ‘one team’ culture is at the heart of our business; providing a collaborative and supportive environment for professional development. Along with competitive salaries, our staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including a company pension and healthcare offering, travel and life insurance, critical illness cover and a structured career framework with regular reviews offering outstanding opportunities for progression. Alongside 25 day’s annual leave, SLR offer agile working which allows staff to tailor hours worked around core hours, and our family friendly policies help balance the needs of professional and family life.
About the role:
This role offers significant long-term career rewards and opportunities for learning, expanding technical knowledge and career advancement. The position offers the opportunity to undertake the following:
• Understand and interpret client needs, clearly communicating client goals to internal and external stakeholders
• Analyse information and data, making clear judgements about content and its presentation
• Prepare & deliver presentations and reports for clients
• Coordinate multiple, often complex, projects, ensuring milestones and action items are met within agreed timelines and there is clear communication with clients
Business development & Thought leadership
• Draft and develop proposals with support from senior team members.
• Plan and participate in new business pitches, including research and project scoping.
• Contribute to Corporate Citizenship’s thought leadership through research, drafting articles and blogs
• Work with colleagues to develop new and innovate existing tools related to ESG indices, ratings & frameworks services
• Keep abreast of ESG landscape including regulatory requirements and best practices
Team management and leadership
• To play an active role in team management including line management responsibility and other areas of team performance to be agreed
If you are interested in applying, we would love to hear from you. In order to be successful, we’d envisage that you would be able to demonstrate:
• Demonstrable project management and delivery experience within experience in ESG, sustainability, business or consulting
• Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate confidently with clients, explain complex information & produce high-quality deliverables
• Exceptional analytical skills – ability to distil quantitative and qualitative data
• Good time and project management skills
• Good Excel & PowerPoint skills
Whilst not essential, it would be great if you also brought any of the following:
• Experience of supporting company responses to external ESG indices and frameworks such as DJSI, CDP, SASB (could be in-house, working for ratings agencies or ESG investing)
• Experience of ESG materiality assessments
• Experience of social impact assessment
• Experience of developing Excel-based tools
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
SLR Consulting is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and our expectations go beyond purely complying with legislation. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) are at the core of who we are and who we choose to be. We embrace diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within and outside our organisation. We respect and celebrate difference to ensure SLR is a place where everyone feels included, is encouraged to be their authentic self and has opportunities to grow.
Across Europe, our DE&I agenda is driven forward through our DE&I Committee, which actively promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion across both our internal processes and our client work. Globally, our Global Culture & Diversity Council brings together representatives from across our regions to share ideas and best practice that can be incorporated into our global policies, enabling greater transparency and supporting the development of an inclusive culture, inclusive approaches to policies and practices, and to personal behaviours.
If you are interested in this opportunity we’d love to hear from you!