The Sustainability Consultant plays a critical role in client delivery, in some cases serving as the day to day client contact and, in some cases, project managing the work. The Consultant also contributes to new business opportunities (proposals and pitches) and thought leadership through articles, blogs and reports.
Client Delivery (with support from senior team members)
The Consultant will serve on several client teams, in some cases acting as the day to day point of contact for the client.
- Understand and interpret client needs, clearly communicating client goals and overall business objectives to internal and external stakeholders
- Make clear judgements about the content and presentation of client deliverables
- Gather data using a range of techniques (interviews, surveys, focus groups, data requests) and, in some cases, model and build scenarios
- Develop presentations for clients with oversight from senior colleagues
Project Coordination and Workflow Management (with support from senior team members)
The Consultant will be the lead Project Coordinator on some client projects, with a chance to grow and demonstrate team leadership and management.
- Manage personal assignments and own daily project management
- Understand account budget parameters and avoid over-servicing
- Demonstrate excellent project management by building and maintaining Gantt charts, client agendas, action items, and progress updates for team members and clients
New Business & Thought Leadership (with support from senior team members)
The Consultant will help generate new business through proposal development, networking and through leadership.
- Draft and develop proposals with oversight from senior team members and participate in new business pitches, including research, project scoping, proposal drafting, and pitching
- Conduct research, draft articles, deliver presentations and position Corporate Citizenship and yourself as a trusted thought leader in sustainable business
- Grow professional and industry contacts by representing Corporate Citizenship in virtual and out of office environments (events, conferences, panels)
- 3 – 6 years’ total experience (or equivalent expertise and education) as well as 2-3 years’ experience in sustainability, management consulting, ESG investing, or business and human rights
- Demonstrated experience contributing to the development and execution of corporate sustainability strategies, baselines, initiatives, ratings and rankings, and/or reports that align with business goals and budgets
- Ability to accurately recognize the strategic challenge a client is facing and contribute to scoping and executing client engagements that deliver value and impact
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to deliver client-ready slides
- Ability to distill quantitative and qualitative data and communicate it succinctly to clients
- Passion for and commitment to engaging business in building a sustainable and inclusive future
- Masters degree or equivalent experience preferred; 4 year degree in sustainable business, business administration, international relations or related field required.
If you are excited about learning and growing in a fast-paced, supportive, and forward-thinking environment, come join our dynamic, committed, and passionate team to accelerate toward a future where society and the planet thrive.
To apply, please submit a resume with a cover letter telling us why you’d be great for this position USRecruitment@corporate-citizenship.com.
**Thanks in advance for your submission. If your profile meets our qualifications for this position, we will contact you about next steps.**